The mission goal
The general DISCO program goals:
- To increase the number of skilled candidates with the right competences for Danish space industry and high tech companies.
- To increase the interest for and recruiting for STEM educations in Denmark among girls and boys.
- To place Denmark on the world map within space and education.
- To secure a stabil pipeline of start-ups for ESA BIC DK
The scientific goals of the mission:
- To contribute to the study of climate changes by imaging specific areas on the Eastern coast of Greenland.
- To contribute to studies carried out by the Interdisciplinary Centre for Climate Change at Aarhus University using satellite images of glaciers in the Arctic.