SESS is active in European as well as national projects
Organic+ (GUDP) - Demonstrating and improving the benefit of organic farming on biodiversity and the environment
- Organic+ aims to use computer simulations and field monitoring to investigate landscape level changes in biodiversity following implementation of sustainable biodiversity enhancing measures in five case areas differing in landscape context and managed by three organic enterprises.
Next generation flower strips (DEPA) - Next generation flower strips: crop-tailored mixtures for IPM and pollinators
- This project aims to fill the flower strip knowledge gaps and make it possible to design species mixtures consisting of plants aimed at relevant pollinators and natural enemies.
MUSBERA (DEPA) - Implementation and communication of a MUltiple-Stressor Bee Environmental Risk Assessment
- MUSBERA aims to define a method of implementing the new ERA approach and evaluate the implications for Denmark and populations of honey and solitary bees.
Honey bee pollen (DAA) - What is the relationship between pollen diet, varroa infestation and winter mortality in landscapes in Denmark
- This project aims to identify key pollen sources during the flowering season, investigate growth rate of varroa and winter mortality of colonies placed in different landscape contexts and differing in pollen diet.
EcoStack (H2020) - Stacking of ecosystems services: mechanisms and interactions for optimal crop protection, pollination enhancement, and productivity
- EcoStack aims to develop and support ecologically, economically and socially sustainable crop production via stacking and protection of functional biodiversity.
ApisRAM (EFSA) - Honey-bee colony model for risk assessment
- An important project with a high international visibility, it is developing highly detailed simulations of a honey-bee colony.
B-GOOD (H2020) - Giving Beekeeping Guidance by cOmputatiOnal-assisted Decision making
- B-GOOD has the overall goal to provide guidance for beekeepers and help them make better and more informed decisions.
PoshBee (H2020) - Pan-european assessment, monitoring and migration Of Stressors on the Health of BEEs
- PoshBee aims to support healthy bee populations, sustainable beekeeping and pollination across Europe. Integrating the knowledge and experience of academics, beekeepers and farmers.
BatPER (DEPA) - Bat pesticide exposure risk in agricultural settings
- This project aims to examine the potential risk of dermal and inhalation exposure for bats in Danish agricultural landscape habitats, including orchards.
Anticoagulant rodenticide resistance in rodents
- This project examined resistance development in rodents and the effects of rodenticides on non-target species.