Call for Applications: NCMM Joint Postdoctoral Program in Molecular Life Science
The program provides funding to establish new collaborations between NCMM group leaders and partners in the Oslo arena, through joint supervision of postdoctoral researchers.
Originally published by NCMM at https://www.med.uio.no/ncmm/english/news-and-events/news/2023/call-for-applications-ncmm-joint-postdoctoral-prog.html
The Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM) is pleased to announce the opening of the NCMM Joint Postdoctoral Program in Molecular Life Science, aimed at fostering new collaborations between NCMM group leaders (GLs) and partners from the Oslo arena. This program provides a unique opportunity for researchers to engage in joint supervision and mentorship of talented postdoctoral researchers, with the goal of advancing the frontiers of molecular life science through interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Duration: 2 years
- Co-supervision: Each postdoctoral researcher will be jointly supervised by an NCMM GL and a partner from the Oslo arena.
- Funding: NCMM will provide financial support for one year, while the partner will support the remaining year.
- NCMM GLs and partners from the Oslo arena, including public institutions and industry, are eligible to apply.
- To promote new research partnerships, the applicants should not have collaborated on grants or publications within the past five years.
- The proposed project should be within the scope of molecular life science.
- The partner should have proven expertise relevant to the proposed research project and be committed to contributing to the postdoctoral researcher's development.
- NCMM GL and partner collaboration: NCMM GLs and partners from the Oslo arena are encouraged to initiate discussions and identify potential collaborative research projects. The goal is to establish new partnerships that have not collaborated on grants or publications in the past five years.
- Project Proposal: The NCMM GL and partner should jointly prepare a comprehensive project proposal addressing the following points:
- Abstract (up to 1/2 page): Provide a concise summary of the proposed research project, highlighting its significance and potential impact.
- Benefits for the Postdoctoral Researcher and Synergy (up to 1/2 page): Describe how the joint supervision and collaboration between NCMM and the partner will enhance the postdoctoral experience and foster synergy between the groups.
- Project Description (up to 2 pages): Present a research plan outlining the objectives, methodology, and anticipated outcomes of the proposed project.
- Gantt Chart: Provide a timeline illustrating the major project milestones and activities.
- CVs (up to 2 pages per CV): CVs from both applicants including a list of 5 most relevant publications.
- Submission: The partner should compile the project proposal into a single PDF file and submit it electronically to https://mencius.uio.no/ncmm-ul/.
- Application Deadline: October 31st, 2023
- Selection Process: The project proposals will undergo evaluation by a scientific committee. The selection of successful projects will be completed by the end of November or beginning of December.
- Postdoctoral Recruitment: Upon project selection, the NCMM GL and partner will jointly recruit/identify the most suitable postdoctoral researcher to join their collaborative project.
- Project Start Date: Projects should commence as early as possible in 2024, in agreement with the supervisors and NCMM.
Applications will be evaluated based on the scientific merit of the proposed research, the potential for synergy and collaboration between NCMM and the partner, as well as the feasibility and impact of the project.
We strongly encourage NCMM GLs and partners from the Oslo arena to seize this opportunity to initiate novel research partnerships and submit joint project proposals. For further inquiries and detailed information, please visit the NCMM website or contact email@example.com.