2021 Nordic EMBL Partnership Science and Art Competition
We typically look to our research images to convey information. These images also have the power to evoke emotion. In the annual science and art competition, you are invited to take a look at the science in the Partnership from an aesthetic angle.
Info about event
Don't delay! Submit your unpublished research images, photographs, paintings, drawings or digital design, and offer perspectives about what makes the Nordic EMBL Partnership (or your home node) a unique place, or perhaps represent why you are proud to be a researcher.
In the past we have used winning images in calendars and greeting cards and on social media. This year, we will create postcards of all entries (that meet the requirements) to give out to all participants of the annual Partnership meeting in Aarhus in Jan/Feb 2022. In addition, all entries will be displayed during the annual meeting.
As in previous years, everyone at the four Nordic EMBL Partnership nodes will be invited to vote for their favorite image. Details of how to vote will be circulated shortly after the submission deadline. Voting will close during the annual meeting, with the winners announced on the final day of the meeting.
- Eligibility: the competition is open to anyone affiliated with the Nordic EMBL Partnership (DANDRITE, FIMM, MIMS, NCMM). You do not have to attend the annual Partnership meeting to be eligible for the science and art competition.
- File formats accepted: .jpg or .pdf
- Resolution: high-resolution images
- Copyright: to avoid any copyright issues, the image must not have been published before, or be due for publication in the future.
- Rights: the artist retains all rights to their submitted images and will be credited in all uses of the image.
- Usage: submissions may be used for/distributed as postcards and posters, as well as other connected uses, such as the Nordic EMBL webpage and social media.
- Entry submission: via e-form (https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/114048/lomake.html). Multiple submissions are welcome on separate forms.
- Submission deadline: 23 January 2022 at 23.59
For inspiration, take a look at the winning images from our previous competitions.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact me, Gretchen Repasky (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nordic EMBL Partnership Communications Officer.