Postdocs who were involved in Deep Frontier research activities:
- Eusun Han at University of Copenhagen focused on determining the architecture and function of plant deep-roots that can unlock the hidden soil resources in arable subsoil
- Weronika Czaban at University of Copenhagen focused on root development of deep-rooted crop species and intercropping systems.
PhD-students of the Deep Frontier project:
- Annemette Lyhne-Kjærbye at University of Copenhagen worked on the rhizosphere microbiology in deep soil layers
- Camilla Ruø Rasmussen at University of Copenhagen worked on nutrient and water uptake in deep roots
- Corentin Clement at University of Copenhagen worked on deep root contribution to plant water uptake under field conditions
- Guanying Chen worked on nutrient (nitrogen) and water uptake of deep-rooted crops in different soil layers. The work was carried out at University of Copenhagen
- Leanne Peixoto at University of Aarhus worked on carbon input and retention of different plant species in deep soil layers
- Zhi Liang at University of Aarhus worked on carbon input and turnover and how this affects the microbial population.