12 Projects selected in the Joint CORE Organic/Susfood 2019 call
In order to address emerging societal challenges, CORE Organic has joined forces with SUSFOOD2 in the transnational Call ‘Towards sustainable and organic food systems’ launched in 2019. The network consists of 21 funding bodies from 18 countries/regions, committing around 9.5M EUR for transnational research.
In the Joint Call Step 2, 29 invited consortia have submitted full-proposals that were assessed for eligibility by the Call Board members and evaluated by international peer-reviewers. Based on the expert evaluation Step 2, on 18-19 June 2020 the Call Board members selected for funding 12 research projects in the following themes:
1) Resource-efficient, circular and zero-waste food systems
1. Leverage points for organic and sustainable food systems (FOODLEVERS)
2. Fermentation-induced valorization of side stream blends from oilseed and dairy industry (FERBLEND)
3. High quality and nutrient rich food through crop waste-derived biostimulant and biopesticide (Bio4Food)
4. ALfalfa for sustainable Livestock farming systems: Improve alfalfa -rhizobia symbiosis and New feeding strategy based on ecological leftovers (ALL-IN)
5. Organic agro- food systems as models for sustainable food systems in Europe and Northern Africa (SysOrg)
6. The use of live insect larvae to improve sustainability and animal welfare of organic chickens production (Poultrynsect)
7. PRotein and biOmolecules sources for nutritional security and biodiVersity of bakery products in a cIrcular fooD system (PROVIDE)
2) Diversity in food from field to plate
8. Diversifying sustainable and organic food systems (FOOdIVERSE)
9. Sustainable production of innovative sparkling wine (SPiwi)
3) Mild food processing
10. Innovative Mild Processing Tailored to Ensure Sustainable and High Quality Organic Fruit Products (MILDSUSFRUIT)
11. Innovative High pressure process to increase the preservation of ready-to-eat Organic FOOD (HO-FOOD)
12. Mild Innovative Treatment for Wine Stabilisation (MI-WINE)
4) Sustainable and smart packaging.
No projects selected.
The 3 years projects are planned to start form Autumn 2020 and more detailed information will be available on the CORE Organic and SUSFOOD2 websites.
All relevant Call Documents can be found following theses links: