The purpose of this project is to investigate and support socio-cultural transition towards climate friendly vacation practices.
Whether such vacations come in the shape of low carbon transport, different destinations, local travel, stay at home vacations, low-GHG dining, or preference for low/zero carbon activities and accommodation, the project aims to develop
- an in-depth comprehension of people’s potential adoption of climate friendly vacation forms
- the socio-cultural benefits such vacation forms may provide
- the barriers climate they are likely to encounter
The purpose of the project is furthermore to
- Develop a deeper understanding of the imaginaries and sentiments that pervade and inspire vacation desires and planning, and the bearing climate/sustainability concerns may or may not have on these.
- Improve our understanding of the interaction between media narrations (on various platforms) and social practices in processes of sustainable transition.
- Advance our understanding of informal learning processes – through media and in real life interaction – as an integral part of sustainable transition.
- Identify emergent trends in and preconditions for further integration of green transition perspectives in people’s lifeworld.
- Through these contributions advance Danish research in behavioural aspects of green transition.