SmartSOIL results presented at The 11th European IFSA Symposium
Read the SmartSOIL and Catch-C presentations here.
SmartSOIL and Catch-C partners convened a workshop session at the International Farming Systems Association (IFSA) Symposium: Farming systems facing global challenges: Capacities and strategies. Berlin, 1-4 April, 2014.
SmartSOIL partners Julie Ingram (CCRI), Ana Frelih-Larsen (Ecologic) and Catch-C partner Jan Verhagen convened the workshop:‘Soil management: facilitating on-farm mitigation and adaptation’.
Sandra Naumann (Ecologic) chaired the presentations and Jane Mills (CCRI) facilitated the plenary discussion.
The following papers were presented in the workshop:
- Reid, J. - Achieving improved soil management on-farm – insights from a New Zealand case study. Download
- Bijttebier J., Ruysschaert G., Marchand F., Hijbeek, R., Pronk, A., Schlatter, N., Guzmán, G., Syp, A. , Werner, M., Bechini, L., Guiffant, N., Wauters E. - Assessing farmers’ intention to adopt sustainable management practices for soil conservation across Europe. Download
- Ingram, J and Mills, J.- Management practices to enhance soil carbon: using stakeholder consultation to evaluate credibility, salience and legitimacy of information. Download
- Hijbeek, R., Pronk, A.A., ten Berge, H., van Ittersum M., Ruysschaert G. and Verhagen J. - Barriers to adopting management practices aiming at soil fertility and mitigation across different farm types in The Netherlands. Download
- Frelih-Larsen, A., Naumann, S. and Dooley, E. - Soil management for climate change mitigation and adaptation: framing and integrating the issue in the evolving policy environment. Download