FACCE SURPLUS End-Term Meeting focusing on valorization
The End-Term Meeting of FACCE SURPLUS 1st call will take place in Düsseldorf from 6th to 8th November 2018. Four valorization sessions will be arranged, covering different aspects of food and non-food biomass production and transformation systems, including biorefining.
Info about event
NH Düsseldorf City Nord, Düsseldorf, Germany
It’s been almost four years since the launch of the first co-funded FACCE SURPLUS call – and the 14 projects selected for funding are near the end.
Therefore, an End-Term Meeting for FACCE SURPLUS 1st call will take place in Düsseldorf from 6th to 8th November 2018, with more than 100 expected participants from all of Europe. Furthermore, this meeting will also be the common Kick-Off Meeting for the research projects from the 2nd FACCE SURPLUS call.
One of the main objectives of the 1st FACCE SURPLUS call is to improve the collaboration across the European Research Area in the range of diverse, but integrated, food and non-food biomass production and transformation systems, including biorefining. Now that the research projects are coming to an end, the main objective of the meeting will be valorization of results, and how to ensure an optimal exchange and use of new information among the researchers, stakeholders and policy makers.
This speaks into current activities in FACCE-JPI, where a valorization strategy has been developed with the aim of achieving and showing impact on global societal challenges and feed into policy and evidence-based decision-making.
Thus, four valorization sessions will be arranged during the End-Term Meeting, where participating projects will be divided into groups, covering the following subjects:
- Optimizing biomass production
- Agricultural practices towards climate change adaptation, mitigation, and resilience
- Supporting decision making for sustainable intensification and
- Multi-functionality and sustainable land use.
For each session, project results will be presented and a panel discussion will follow, where common results to valorize will be discussed.
- The End-Term Meeting will ensure an optimal exchange of information among the researchers and it is a great opportunity to combine it with the common kick-off meeting of new research projects to allow a transfer of results between finishing and starting projects, says Nicolas Tinois who is the project coordinator of FACCE SURPLUS.
- Furthermore, it is crucial that new knowledge and research is exploited for the benefit of society, and the four valorization sessions will be great forums to discuss how to ensure that research results can make their way to both policy-makers and practitioners. I am looking very much forward to this meeting.
The meeting will be a closed event, but outcomes of the meeting – and in particular, the four valorization sessions - will be available on this website following the event.
Please contact Nicolas Tinois for information about potential participation.