- Annotated portfolios and other forms of intermediate-level knowledge,
Jonas Löwgren in ACM Interactions.
- Designerly ways of knowing: design discipline versus design science,
Nigel Cross, in Design Issues 17.
- New Methodologies in Art and Design Research: The Object as Discourse,
Alex Seago and Anthony Dunne, in Design Issues 15.
- What Should We Expect From Research Through Design,
Bill Gaver in Proceedings CHI’12.
- Immodest Proposals: Research Through Design and Knowledge,
Jeffrey Bardzell, Shaowen Bardzell and Lone Kofoed Hansen in Proceedings CHI’15.
- The art object does not embody a form of knowledge,
Stephen Scrivener in Working Papers in Art and Design 2.
- Learning from Experience: approaches to the experiential component of practice-based research,
Michael A. R. Biggs in Forskning, Reflektion, Utveckling.
- Experimental Design Research: Genealogy – Intervention - Argument,
Eva Brandt and Thomas Binder in IASDR07.
- Research and Creative Practice,
Linda Candy in Interacting: Art, Research and the Creative Practitioner 2011.
- Towards programmatic design research,
Jonas Löwgren, Henrik Svarrer Larsen, Mads Hobye in Designs For Learning 6.
- Design (research) practice,
Thomas Binder & Eva Brandt, in Practice based design research.
- Design Research Through Practice: From the Lab, Field and Showroom, Chapter 6 & 7,
Ilpo Koskinen, John Zimmermann, Thomas Binder, Johan Redström and Stephan Weensween.
- Research through Design,
Pieter Jan Stappers & Elisa Giaccardi, in Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction of the Interaction Design Foundation (forthcoming).
- Pleading for Plurality: Artistic and Other Kinds of Research,
Søren Kjørup in The Routledge Companion to Research in the Arts p.24.
- The Production of Knowledge in Artistic Research,
Henk Borgdorff in The Routledge Companion to Research in the Arts p.44.
- The Role of the Artefact and Frameworks for Practice-based Research,
Linda Candy & Ernest Edmonds in The Routledge Companion to Research in the Arts p.120.
- Embodied Knowing Through Art,
Mark Johnson in The Routledge Companion to Research in the Arts p.141.
- Research Training in the Creative Arts and Design,
Darren Newbury in The Routledge Companion to Research in the Arts p.368.
- Evaluating Quality in Artistic Research,
Michael Biggs And Henrik Karlsson in The Routledge Companion to Research in the Arts p.405.