From niche to volume with integrity and trust
About the project
In HealthyGrowth, eighteen mid-scale and four regional organic value chains are investigated in order to learn how they are able to combine values and increasing volumes.
- Managing specific challenges related to growth
- Understanding success factors
- Fostering cooperation and partnership in values-based food chains
A sustainable growth in the organic market depends on the ability to combine increasing volumes with measures that safeguard integrity and consumer trust based on organic values and principles.
- Mainstream large-scale value chains have major difficulties in securing and advancing organic values
- Organic markets differ between countries and sectors; however: many face generic challenges related to growth
- Examples show that medium-scale food chains are able to increase volumes of premium quality products while mediating organic values from farmer to consumer
Main project activitites
- Literature review related to organic and other forms of sustainable food chains
- Methodological approach for the selection of case studies
- Interdisciplinary and multiperspectival analysis of case studies
- Case studies including interviews and workshops with relevant chain partners
- Active stakeholder involvement, network building and cooperation on national and European level
- International research cooperation e.g. with US-project “Agriculture of the Middle”
Ass. professor Egon Noe
Department of Agroecology
Blichers Allé 20
Phone: +45 8715 8038 / +45 4011 9670
The project is funded by the ERA-net CORE Organic II by national funds to each partner.
CORE Organc II is a collaboration between 21 countries on initiating transnational research projects in the area of organic food and farming.
For further information, see www.coreorganic2.org.