The aim of this project is to develop a new software supported method to analyze impacts of cultural events across social media. We aim to design and implement a software solution for data collection across social media platforms that will be tested on Northside2014 and evaluated in the fall through various big data analytical approaches.
- How can we methodologically study event image and user identity connected to an event across different social media platforms?
- How can we implement the design in a software solution that allows for the collection of such data?
- How can we analyze event impact in connection with image and identity?
- How does the event image and user self-portraying in connection with the event differ across services?
Read the interview with Anja Bechmann here
The project was ended in December 2014 - you can read the final report here
- Peter Vahlstrup, Assistant Professor & Lead-programmer, Department of Aesthetics and Communication, Aarhus University
- Jakob Linaa Jensen, Associate Professor, Department of Aesthetics and Communication, Aarhus University
- Barbora Micenkowa, PhD student, Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University